Rules and Regulations for Admissions.
Admission Rules For F.Y. classes, in-house students will be admitted on priority.
Admission is purely on merit list and is subject to the availability of seats as per the directions issued by the University of Mumbai and Govt. of Maharashtra from time to time.
- The student seeking admission under Category-1 [Caste/Tribe/Class] must produce caste certificate issued by the competent authority of the Government of Maharashtra, failing which, their claim for admission will not be entertained under the Specified Category. Students migrating from other States/ Boards and claiming admission on the basis of reserved categories may be considered only if they submit caste-validating certificate from the competent authority of Maharashtra State.
- Students seeking admission under Category II (A & B) ref. page 8 should produce true copy of documentary evidence issued by appropriate authorities of the Government, failing which their claim for admission will not be entertained under the Specified Category. In case of the 3% seats reserved for Sports, Games and 2% for Cultural, competitions conducted and sponsored by the government will be considered. Copy of such certificates countersigned by the District Sports Officer (DSO), should be submitted along with the Admission Form. It is mandatory for students who have been admitted under 3% Sports and Games Category, to participate in the college events/teams.
- Forms will be issued and accepted as per the schedule notified on the College Notice Board. There are separate counters for different categories, and the parents/students should submit their Admission Forms at the respective counter, otherwise their claim will be considered in the Open Category.
- Merit list with date and time will be put up on the College Notice Board. Along with the Application Form at the time of admission sef-attested copies of the documents mentioned on page 1 are to be submitted.
- Students who have been merit-listed for admission must complete the admission formalities by paying the fees and submitting the required documents as per the time and schedule notified, failing which their claim for admission will stand forfeited.
- Students/parents are requested to fill in the Admission Form very clearly indicating the category of reservation, i.e. caste, freedom fighters, sports, etc., to which they belong, by indicating the code number or ticking the appropriate block. In case, the information is not applicable, they are requested to write N.A. For any clarification, parents/students may contact the designated teachers, who are available for HELP at the time of admission. All are requested to read the Prospectus and the College Notice Board before filling and submitting the forms.
- All admissions are provisional, until confirmed by the appropriate authorities, including previous school attended by the student.
- Those who desire of availing leave Travel Concession, i.e. Long Journey Railway Concession, should write their Home Town address in the Admission Form at the time of admission, failing which no application for long journey Railway Concession will be entertained
- Other requirements, if any, will be displayed on the ‘College Notice-Board’.
- F.Y.B.A & B.Com. admissions will be as per the directives issued by the University of Mumbai from time to time, and subject to availability of seats in the college. Normally, in house students are admitted on priority.
- Students seeking admission to the three year integrated course leading to the Degree of Bachelor of Arts, Commerce, B.M.M., B.M.S., Computer Science, Information Technology & Hospitality Studies must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (SYJC) Examination conducted by the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Mumbai or an examination recognized as equivalent with subjects, as may be specified by the University in Arts, Science or Commerce streams.
- Students passing an examination equivalent to S.Y.J.C., of the Higher Secondary Board, Mumbai and Inter-Mediate (Arts/Science/Commerce) of University Boards & seeking admission to the FY of the Three Year Integrated Degree Course will be admitted only on production of a “Provisional Eligibility Certificate”, issued by the University of Mumbai. Such students should submit a migration certificate, statement of marks and passing certificate in original along with true copies within two months, from the date of admission, failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled.
- Students coming from other colleges affiliated to the University of Mumbai will be admitted only provisionally on producing a No Objection Certificate from the Principal of the college last attended, and their admission will be confirmed only on receipt of the Transfer Certificate (T.C.) from their previous college. For this purpose, they should submit an Application Form along with T.C. fees to the college office at the time of admission.
- Reservation of seats for the socially weaker section and sports etc. will be as per the University directives.
- The reserved category candidates should fill up necessary forms to claim scholarships and Free ships at the time of admission.
- S.Y. and T.Y. Subjects will be offered as per the University norms.
- For a student with a break in education it is compulsory to submit an affidavit explaining the reason for the same.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO THE STUDENTS SEEKING ADMISSION:
(All Students/Parents/Guardians should read carefully and understand)
- Students seeking admission from other colleges should have passed in all subjects and obtained No Objection Certificate (N.O.C) from the last college attended.
- Students should note that all admissions will be as per prevailing University rules/Board rules and Government norms and will be provisional till confirmed by the authorities.
- Students seeking admission at F.Y in any stream should verify the Subjects available at T.Y level. College shall offer only those subjects or combinations which are mentioned in the prospectus.
- All parents/guardians must sign the admission form after going through and understanding the rules, regulations and code of conduct governing their wards.
- Students who do not submit original mark sheet, passing certificate and leaving certificate and other necessary documents will not be granted admission and if granted, all such admissions will be provisional.
- If any educational information and documents submitted by students are found to be false or misleading, it will call for legal action and expulsion from the college.
(Note: In case of any disputes, the decision of the Principal will be final and binding.)
*Direct Admission for Second Year
Students who have completed their first year diploma in engineering can be admitted to second year directly based on the availability of seats in college for second year.
*List of Documents
- Original X & XII Mark sheet with 03 attested copies.
- Attested Photocopies of Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Original Leaving certificate with 03 attested copies.
- Attested photocopies of Income Certificate (if applicable)
- Original Migration Certificate with 03 attested copies. (For other board candidates)
- Original Verification report of concern board with 03 attested copies. (for other board candidates)
- Two passport size photographs.
- Aadhar card photocopy for address proof.
*Rules regarding Cancellation of admission and refund of fees.
- Rules regarding refund of fees in case of cancellation of admission are applicable as per University norms (University Circular No. UG /412 of 2008 dated 11th Sept 2008).
Candidates who have secured admission but not paid full fees as per University norms will be required to pay the difference amount on cancellation of admission for receiving original documents from the college.
Table-1 : Fee Deduction on Cancellation of admission
|Period and percentage of deduction charges
|*Prior to commencement of academic term and instruction of the course
|Upto 20 days after the commencement of academic term of the courses.
|From 21 days upto 50 days after commencement of the academic term of the course
|From 51st days upto 80 days after the commencement of academic term of the course or August 31st whichever is earlier.
|From September 1st to September 30th
|After September 30th.
|Rs. 500/- lump sum
|20% of the total amount of fees.
|30% of the total amount of fees.
|50% of the total amount of fees.
|60% of the total amount of fees.
|100% of the total amount of fees.
*Every Academic term commences from 1st lecture.
Ordinance 2859 of University of Mumbai
Refund of Tuition, Development and all other fees after cancellation of admissions:
The Candidates who have taken admission in under graduate courses in Govt. College, in Govt. aided and unaided courses conducted by affiliated colleges and recognized institutions may request for refund of fees after applying in writing for cancellation of their admission to the courses. The refund of fees as applicable shall be made on or before 30th day after the date of cancellation and thereafter. The percentage of fee for the course shall be refunded to the candidate after deducting charges as follows:
The total amount considered for the refund of fees from the commencement of academic term of the courses including the following:
- All the fee items chargeable for one year are as per relevant University circulars for different faculties (excluding the courses for which the total amount is fixed by other competent authorities).
- The fee charged towards group insurance and all fee components to be paid as University share (including Vice-chancellor fund, University fee for sports and cultural activities, E-charge, disaster management fund, exam fee and Enrollment fee) are non-refundable.
- Fee collected for identity card and Library card, admission form and prospectus, enrollment and any other course specific fee are not refundable after the commencement of the academic term.
All refundable deposits (Laboratory, Caution Money and Library etc.) Shall be fully returned when a student’s leaves the college or cancels the admission on production of original fee receipt. Deposits not claimed within one year of leaving the college or cancellation of admission will be forfeited.
For the students who are leaving the college after completion of studies, schedule for the refund of deposit will be put up on the college notice board after the declaration of the University result of the relevant course. For those students who cancel their admission in the middle of the course, the amounts of deposits will be refunded to the students after 30 days from the date of receipt of their application duly signed by student and NOC from departments concerned.
Rules Regarding Ragging:
Maharashtra Prohibitions of ragging act 1999 which is in effect from 15th May 1999 has the following provisions for Action against Ragging.
- Disciplinary Action Committee is formed to ensure discipline in the college & confirmation to rules and Regulations.
- Ragging in any form within or outside the campus will not be accepted. Hon’ble Supreme Court of India petition (s) No 24295 / 2004 in case if students found involvement in ragging will be expelled from the college. Criminal action will be initiated against the offender as per the guidance set by UGC and University of Mumbai.
*General rules of discipline for Students:-
Institute believes in promoting safe and congenial environment by enforcing following code of conduct.
- Students should be punctual and attend all lectures/practical’s/academic activities.
- All students must nurture academic integrity by respecting members and ensure safety of property.
- Students should not indulge in any kind of discrimination pertaining to religion, caste, gender, region, language, sexual orientation, and family status, physical or mental disability.
- Students should not indulge in any indiscipline in the premises.
- Organization of meeting and processions without prior permission from the Principal are strictly banned.
- Smoking, carrying Narcotics, carrying ammunition, explosive and potential weapon and firework is strictly prohibited.
- Students should wear identity card issued by institute at all times during their stay in the premises.
- Responsible usage of social media is expected from the students.
- Every student is expected to dress in decent manner.
- All students are required to maintain minimum 75% attendance.
- Use of mobile / camera in premises is strictly prohibited.
- Silence should be maintained in library / reading room / internet club.
- Students are expected to take care of green cover in the college campus.
- Students should not indulge in any unfair practices during examinations.
- Students should respect gender equality and other human values.
- Students should undertake at least two certificate courses offered by institute for the academic year.
- Students are expected to read the prospectus and regularly visit the website of the college.
- Students may put up their suggestion/grievances in the drop boxes installed at the key areas.
- Students are strictly prohibited from writing anything on the walls, desk and benches.
- Ragging in any form is strictly banned in college.
- Use of gymnasium and sports facility is permitted only beyond class hours. They should produce the Identity cards for availing the various facilities. They should take care to not to disturb the teaching activities.
- Railway concession forms, scholarship forms, etc. are issued at the college office during working hours.
Students who request leave of absence from lectures/practical’s/tutorials for participating in sports, games, cultural or any other activities for and on behalf of the College/Activity group, should submit the application countersigned by the respective Prof-in-charge.
Parents of Degree/Junior College students are requested to kindly contact the Prof-in-charge of class, Head of Department, Vice-Principal or the Principal, at least once in a term to keep themselves abreast with their wards attendance and progress